THE REALITY OF HEAVEN AND HELL
However, you look at it, in the matter of eternity there are two basic things which are simply “Heaven and Hell”.
It is a great error and ignorance to say there is no either of this two, apart from the Biblical revelation of Heaven and Hell so many people have caught the revelation of any of Heave or Hell.
Reality of heaven and hell at one point in time we have been fortunate to have witnessed some of the most breathtaking views on earth.
From the Mountains outside around our environment and the jungles we can see, God’s creation is marvelous. But there is a future place-an eternal dwelling-that far exceeds anything we could ever behold.
Reality of Heaven
Heaven is not a mythical place. It is the holy dwelling of the Lord Most High.
And although we cannot even begin to comprehend its splendor, the Bible gives us beautiful descriptions of the place in which those who have received Jesus will spend eternity.
“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also” (John 14:2-3)
Hebrews 12:22-23 says; “But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect”
The biblical revelation of reality of HEAVEN and even the revelation given till this day, is that:
- It is not an ordinary place (Hebrews 11:10)
- It is a beautiful city
- A prepared place for prepared people
- It is the inhabitation of God
- It is a place of our reward (matt 5:20)
- It is a city of pure gold
- The foundation is made of precious stones
- Heaven does not need light because the glory of the father and Son dwell there
- A place of joy, peace and happiness
The reality of HEAVEN in not the presence of the golden city, the foundation of precious stones and the company of the Angels, but rather the presence of the glory of the Father and Son that dwells and for haven’t made it God’s abode.
Reality of HEAVEN is one when God Himself decides to leave Heaven, Heaven will no longer be called Heaven again and will be dominated by lots of disaster. This goes to say that “God is Heaven”.
Matthew 12:44-45 (KJV) Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be unto this wicked generation.
The reality of Heaven simply means, Heaven is the presence of God residing in a place or in a man.
The problem we are having is that our materialistic mentality has reduced HEAVEN to material things base on the descriptive revelation of Heaven.
Reality of hell
Hell is also a real place populated with real people. From the Bible, we know that it is a bottomless pit, a place of sorrow filled with torment and the sounds of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The inhabitants of hell experience loneliness and regret. There is no escape. By reading Jesus’ account of the rich man and Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31, we can see that anyone already in hell would not want friends and relatives to join them there.
The New Testament, in fact, says more about hell than it does about heaven.
Here are just a few characteristics of hell set forth in the New Testament:
- It is a place of weeping gnashing of teeth, Matthew 8:12
- It is a place where people scream for mercy, have memories, are tormented, feel alone, cannot escape, Luke 16:23-31
- It is a place of unquenchable fire, Mark 9:48
- It is a place of darkness, Revelation 9:2
- It is a place of eternal damnation, Mark 3:29
- It is a place where God’s wrath is poured out, Revelation 14:10
- It is a place of everlasting destruction, 2 Thessalonians 1:9
- It is a place of pain, Revelation 20:10
Reality of HELL is that Hell is the total absence of God in a place or in the life of an individual. Hell is simply the separation from the presence of God.
The only ministry in Hell is the ministry of torment. “If God decide to dwell in hell, Hell will automatically become HEAVEN.
What makes it hell is the absence of God in a place.
This means that whenever the presence of God is not in a place or in a man, the place or man will be in the state of hell.
The reality of Heaven and Hell has some similarities as:
- Heaven is a place and Hell is a place as well
- Heaven is eternal and Hell is as well eternal
- In Heaven and Hell there is entering and no exit
- There are people in Heaven and people in Hell
He who will make Heaven:
- The man that commands the presence God
- The man that host God and live out his/her life according to God’s law, Thessalonians 1:7-9
In reality of Heaven and Hell, what must I do to obtain it:
- Hate sin and love righteousness
- Throw away anything that hinders you from Heaven, Hebrew 12
- Come to Jesus daily, Hebrew 12:22
- You must obey His words
- Develop a new passion for Him
- Your prayer life must be like that of David, psalm 51.
The true reality of Heaven and Hell, is the dwelling and the presence of God and the absence of Him in a place.
The tester to check the presence of God in a man or place is worship, because in Heaven there is worship while in Hell there is no worship.
May God give us the grace and conscience to understanding of the reality of Heaven and Hell, and keep us safe till eternity. God bless you.
Your feedback can be read below at the comment section box.