Morning Breakfast With the Word June 19th 2020
Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
The feast of the Sacred Heart reminds us of the true nature of Jesus Christ. This helps us to know the type of person Jesus is, especially whenever we approach Him in prayers.
- First of all this heart is sacred; full of holiness and demands our worship and respect. It is a heart that is full of grace and mercy.
- The Heart of Jesus longs for the other. In the gospel, you see Jesus taking His time to pray for His apostles. His life is only for the other and not for himself. He takes time to pray for others, teach them, feed them, sacrificing His life just for our own sake.
- The Heart of Jesus is a heart that needs our relationship. He invites us in the gospel by saying “Come to me”
- The Heart of Jesus is a heart that wants to help. He longs to limit our burden and save us from problems and challenges. Today He says come to me all you who are overburdened, I will refresh you. This is Jesus for you.
- The Heart of Jesus is a heart that easily forgives. A merciful heart. He does not remember our past. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. ( Romans 8:1). He forgave the crucified thief and wasn’t interested in judging Him. This is Jesus for you.
- The Heart of Jesus is a heart that loves peace. Despite the denial, betrayal and abandonment by His disciples. Jesus still appeared to them with the greetings of peace and never bothered to blame any one. This Is Jesus for you.
- The Heart of Jesus Christ is a heart that so much loves us, full of humility. He washed the feet of His Disciples and told them to do the same. He shows His love is wherever He goes. His love is immense. He showed his love for us even though we are sinners.
- The Heart of Jesus Christ is a heart that can sacrifice anything for our own sake. To redeem humanity, Jesus sacrificed His life.
The only way we can repay this heart is to do the same: to be in relationship with Him, to live for one another, to love one another, to forgive, seek for peace and to promote justice. This is Christianity for you.
May God bless you dearest and give you the grace to come close to Him. May you encounter Him all the days of your life. Amen.
*Fr Sanctus Mario*