Morning Breakfast With the Word: May 15th 2020 Friday
One of the most hardest tasks among us today is to truly love and forgive one another. True love is gone. Many Christian families today are living in long aged quarrel, betrayals, hatred, wickedness and jealousy of the highest order and yet we claim to belong to the body of Christ. To fully be a disciple of Jesus we must owe no grudge to any one. From the gospel, we must love one another for these reasons;
1 . This is how Jesus wants it to be and nothing more. In fact there is no probability in that, it is a command from Jesus to anyone who claims to be a disciple.
2. This is the only way to show that you love God. In 1 John 4: 20, He says Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.
3. It is the only way to remain in the love of Jesus. If you truly want to win the heart of Jesus forgive and show love to the other. He says in the gospel, you will remain in my love if you keep my commandments, and the commandment He gave today, even repeated two times is to love one another.
4. It is the surest way to be a friend of Jesus. In Mathew 25:40 Jesus says “whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me”, and today He told His disciples “You are my friends If you do what I command you”. And the commandment He gave today is to love one another.
5. It is the only way to make Jesus happy and help us to live in His joy. He says today ” I have told you this that my own joy be in you and your joy may be complete “
6. It is the secret of effective prayers. He promises His disciples today, that if you do this, everything you ask the Father in my name I will give you. He says unless we forgive from the heart, our sins remain unforgiven ( Mathew 18:35, Matthew 6:15).
Do you see what we do to ourselves when we live in enmity, quarrel and division. What we do today is to fill the church in brim but live in hatred for one another. May God help us.
May God bless you dearest and help us to live the way God wants us to live. May He continues to protect you from danger Amen