Daily Inspiration with Fr Sanctus Mario 31
Many today find it very hard to pray, while a great majority hardly have time to communicate with God. Sometimes we only remember that there is God in the moments of crisis and difficulties. And after we have gotten what we want, we go back to square one. Many Christians are yet to truly understand the personality of Jesus. Knowing who Jesus is will always spur you to meet him whenever you can. Many today have lost faith in God, because they only remember God in moments of crisis and when the crisis persists, they lose faith with reasons that God is not working. It is time to know who Jesus is, when you know who he is, you will have hunger for Him. Let us see some qualities of Jesus that cannot but motivate us to seek him day in and day out.
1.He loves those who come to him in faith:
One thing that Jesus detests is unbelief. In Mathew 13:58,Jesus did not work miracles in his hometown as He uses to do because of their unbelief. But He was amazed at the faith of the centurion (Matthew 8:5-13). He so much loves it whenever we come to Him, believing that He will do what we ask of Him. He also praised the faith of the Canaanite woman in Matthew 15:21-28 who despite how Jesus treated her persisted in her request. He told Martha in John 11:25 that “Everyone who believes in me will have life”. Before you go in His presence, always remember that He loves anyone that has strong faith in Him and rewards him exceedingly.
- He wants us to be praying hard and never lose heart
Jesus loves those who seek God always through prayers. In Luke 18, He gave many examples of why we should pray persistently. He spent time and taught his disciples how to pray (Luke 11:1-13). He prayed for them in John 17 and even encouraged some of them to watch with Him at least for one hour at Gethsemane so as not to fall into temptation (Matthew 26:36-46). If you are tired of praying, remember He loves it whenever we pray
- He welcomes everyone
Jesus can never pursue anyone. In John 6:37 Jesus says categorically that “whoever comes to him, He will never drive away”. Jesus welcomed the Leper detested by all (Mathew 8:18, Luke 17), Jesus welcomed sinners and even dined with tax collectors (Luke 15:2, 7:34). When you think your sins are many and He may not accept you, always know that He welcomes everyone. He is ready to make you clean again. And that He has never pursued anyone that comes to Him.
- He is so loving
In John 15:9-17, He told his apostles that He so much loved them. He says “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. So when you think He is heart hardened, always know He cannot but love.
5.He longs to do good: Jesus Christ always “went about doing good” (Acts 10:38). He healed the sick, befriended sinners, and taught His gospel to everyone. He always longs for the good of the other. He is not selfish. He says “I come that you may have life and have it in abundance” (John 10:10). So when you are tired of going in His presence always know that he longs for your own good. Always go to him anyway.
- He feeds even when there is little:
The feeding of the five thousand and the four thousand is a sign that He longs to provide for us even in the midst of lack. David knew this when He said The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures (Psalm 23:1-2). When Jesus saw the large crowd, He first of all had compassion on them (John 14:14). Then out of compassion, he fed them. In the midst of lack, always know that Jesus longs to provide for us.
- He is very patient: He was very patient with his disciples and taught them gradually. In the midst of challenges, do not forget that He might be the one gradually working on us.
- He forgives easily: In Luke 23:29-43, He showed how easily He can forgive by forgiving the repentant thief. And despite how He was persecuted He still has the heart to forgive them at the cross. When you think that Your sins can never be forgiven again, know that Jesus easily forgives. Instead of running away from Him, run to Him.
- He is so humble and ready to serve: Jesus Himself said, “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45). He washed his disciples’ dirty feet (John 13:5). A sign of humility and one ready to do anything for our sake. When you are tired of going before Him, know that He is ready to serve you even.
- 1 He encourages all to come to Him and eager to give us peace. He says “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. (Mathew 11:28-30). He continues to invite us to eat his body and drink his blood. He says “Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. (John 6:35). When you feel like not going to Him, always know He needs you anyway.
So stay inspired and be blessed. May God bless you.
Fr Okechukwu Ugwoegbu (Sanctus Mario)