The Fifteen Power of The Holy Rosary 10th Oct. 2021.
SUNDAY RICE AND STEW
THE FIFTEEN POWERS OF THE HOLY ROSARY
The Rosary is one of the popular catholic prayers. The Rosary was given to Saint Dominic in a vision of the Blessed Virgin Mary and it was then promoted by Blessed Allan de la Roche.
The church has a practice of gathering the faithful to say the rosary in the month of May and October. The month of October, is dedicated as the month of the Rosary. In this edition of our catholic catechism, I will like to explain the fifteen promises of the Rosary of our Lady.
Considering the busy lives that people have today, it’s easy to forget the profound lessons that the Catholic faith teaches us. Even though you might be going to Mass on a regular basis and you are praying constantly, you should reflect more often to the core principles of living a spiritual life.
Growing in holiness it’s not an easy task for sure. It requires dedication and investing thoughts and attention in what you are thinking and feeling.
If you feel like you’ve lost your motivation and you’re no longer in a healthy place at the moment, it would be best to sit back and remember why the Blessed Virgin Mary made the promises to Saint Dominic. The fifteen promises that She left behind still guide people through life when they feel lost.
Reciting the Holy Rosary is helpful, but it becomes even stronger when trying to deeply understand the meaning of each promise.
THE FIFTEEN POWERS OF THE HOLY ROSARY DISCUSSED
- Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
Signal Graces are those special and unique Graces to help sanctify us in our state in life. A signal grace may be a simple sign in daily life that answers a question made in prayer or points towards God’s will.
These graces are meant to give people a sense of sanctification in their lives. This may be the most important of all promises because it introduces people to the world of union with the Lord and the Lady.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
Our lady of the Holy Rosary assures us again in this second promise of hers to give special care and protection to all who recites the rosary faithfully.
Those who take a piece of their time and dedicate it to reciting the Rosary will be blessed with more care from Virgin Mary, as She will focus Her divine power on those who pray. Again, true devotion is fully rewarded.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful Armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
This third promise gives us the greatest assurance that whenever we say the Rosary it will reduce our hunger for Sin and draw our mind towards holiness.
Our lady promises us that by saying the prayers of the holy Rosary, we draw ourselves away from sin and attract Holiness that comes to us through the graces of the Virgin Mary and we also avoid heresies.
- The Rosary will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
Our lady promises to give all who approach her through the Rosary the grace to obtain mercy from God and also that the heart of all who seek her may be withdrawn from the vanities of this life and be drawn to the riches in heaven where termites and worm does not destroy them.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
This promise of our lady is a special one because she has promised to give her special protection to all who call on her.
Our lady promises to save the souls who recites the Rosary from damnation because they are dear to her.
- Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
Just like Christ said in Matthew 11:29 “my burden is light and my yoke is easy”, our lady promises us that all those who call on her, she will help them to carry the burdens of this life, taking them away from hard times and save them from sudden death.
- Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
Our lady promises that those who pray the Rosary cannot be deprived of salvation, through receiving the sacraments of the Church. Regardless of what happens, the ones who recite the Rosary will get their final repentance.
This is a special grace that our lady gives to all who follow her faithfully. My late dad before transition to the next life was visited by our Parish Priest twice at the hospital and at that moment, I felt different and heavenly. It was a feeling of great relieve and joy overwhelming.
- Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death, they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
Our lady promises that by praying the Rosary, men will get the chance to enjoy the life of God even after death. By simply devoting yourself to the promises of the Rosary, you are granted access to a tremendous quantity of graces, including this one: enjoying the merits of the saints in paradise. The death of a person who recites the Rosary will be holy.
- I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
Our lady promises us a purgatorial cleansing after death because she fight for us during our life time she will also fight to see that we don’t stay in purgatory for so long a time.
- The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
The glory mentioned in this promise is a spiritual one. Our lady promises us that through the saying of the Holy rosary, we will become holy and therefore have a place with God in heaven.
- You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
Our Lady promises us that all who recites the rosary shall receive whatever they ask from her if it be the will of God and beneficial for their salvation and sanctification.
- All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
Our lady promises that those who promote and propagate reciting the Holy Rosary as a good practice will be aided by Her in all necessities, including material ones.
If the requests are made according to the will of God, Virgin Mary will respect them. Everyone who dedicates time to propagating the Holy Rosary is a true example of those who the Holy Mother projects.
- I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
Our Lady promises people who pray the Holy Rosary protection during both life and death. Moreover, Virgin Mary promises Her assistance in having all saints in the Heaven to contribute to their well being in the afterlife, as they are part of the celestial court.
- All who recite the Rosary are my sons and daughters, and brothers and sisters of my only Son Jesus Christ.
Our lady promises us that whenever we say our Rosary, we take her as our mother and Jesus Christ becomes our brother also. The rosary makes us to be part of the holy family.
- Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Reciting the Rosary means that you were predestined to encounter salvation somewhere in your path. You will receive God’s grace both during life and death, by dedicating your life to the Rosary.
All these promises of our lady gears us to live a good and holy live. It pushes us to sanctification and draws us to salvation.
May our mother Mary the Queen of the Holy Rosary intercede for us in our daily lives as we call on her through the Rosary. Amen.