Breakfast With the Word Saturday Fourth Week of Easter
It is quite clear and certain that we always talk about Jesus, preach about Him and have heard a lot about Him. Many have studied extensively about him from books and sermons. Therefore, the question here is “how deep and certain are we of we hear, read, preach and talk. Do we truly know Jesus?
Do we sincerely and truthfully believe what we heard or are we doing them to fulfil a certain obligation? To courageously and convincingly talk about Jesus, one must have known Him from a deep encounter.
- Today while Jesus was talking about his relationship with the Father. Philip said to him, ‘Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and you still do not know me?
Philip has been with Jesus all this while, Hence he is supposed to be truly aware of who Jesus is. He seems not to be convinced. We might seem to be close to God but not truly convinced of who God is.
We might be going to church every day, hearing homilies and sermons, but deep down within us, we are yet to fully know Jesus.
Knowledge of Jesus is seen in the way we approach Him, in the way we talk about him and tell others about him and in that love that surrounds our relationship with Him. So, do we truly know Jesus?
- Do not forget that Philip asked about the Father when Jesus has already said that “if you know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
This statement is enough. Here, Jesus is talking about his oneness with the Father, so there is no need to ask more questions.
Maybe Philip needed more signs. We see this today when we go to church only to look for signs and wonders but lack true knowledge and a deep relationship with God. Do we truly know Jesus?
These Happen When We Reject Jesus
The Sheep that belong to the Good Shepherd Will do these
Allow Jesus to be Your Shepherd
Like The Good Shepherd: Sunday Breakfast with the Word
Do You Truly Believe in the Eucharistic Presence?
Two Things We Need.
- There are two things Jesus pointed out in the gospel that bears witness to Him. They are His words and the works He performs.
In the first reading of today, Paul and Barnabas told the Jews that they have to preach the Word to them first. Also before the apostles received power from on High, they were taught by Jesus. We need to start with the word.
In essence, we need not just read the Word and talk about it but to read the Word, accept and believe convincingly in it.
We need to truly believe. This is when our knowledge of Jesus becomes fine-tuned, our prayers become efficacious because deep down within us, we truly know the person we are praying to.
In the gospel, Jesus says you must believe me…. whoever believes in me will perform the same works as I do myself, and will perform even greater works, because I am going to the Father and whatever you ask in my name I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
We must believe what we read. Teach what we believe. Practice what we teach.
- Another point is the works that He performs. We do not limit this only to the apostles. We are also part of this. The things that God has been doing for us, despite our unworthiness is enough for conviction.
The question left for us who claim to know and believe Jesus are; if we truly know who Jesus is, why are we always afraid? Why are we living as if God is not alive again?
If we truly know who we worship, why can’t we spend just 1 hour out of 24 hours a day with Him? We said He is God, yet could not spend time with God we said is omnipotent.
If we know who Jesus is, why have we lost the hunger to study His words?
What do we truly know about Him? Why have we lost faith in Him if we believe and know He cares for us? Why are you moving around seeking God elsewhere where there is no God?
If we know who Jesus is, Why have we absconded from Him because of political positions, financial and economical demands?
If you truly know Him, the sign of it will be there in everything you do. Because by their fruits we shall know them ( Mathew 7:16).
Hence, if we truly know who Jesus is, there should be an extreme hunger to visit Him daily. If we know who Jesus is we will know His word and take His word as our guide. There is also a kind of confidence that possesses the one that knows that a spiritual hand is leading him/her.
So, if we know who Jesus is, there are problems we can just laugh over because we know that we are true over comers. So, let us always remain faithful to His word.
May God bless you beloved, forgive us in any way we have not really done well and lead us safely. Amen
TODAY’S FIRST ADVERT
MichelleTelecom TRAINING GROUP
We are into virtual top up (VTU)/ printing of recharge cards, data bundles, cable TV network subscription (GoTv, DSTv, Startimes) and bills payment like PHCN etc. Just with the use of your Smartphone.
We provide you a platform to do the transactions with ease and make money from all services.
These and many more are what you will enjoy:
- Free Training/Coaching on how to run a profitable and successful telecom business
- Printing of Recharge Cards of all networks and distributorship
- A platform to carry out all your VTU transactions at a very affordable prices
- Very cheap data bundles with 30 days validity (230 Per GB ).
- Huge discounts on airtime( buy 100 airtime for as low as 70naira).
- Utility bills (PHEDC, BEDC, IKEDC, AEDC, EKEDC Etc)
- TV Subscriptions ( DStv, Gotv, Star times)
- Referal Earnings up to 10th generations
- Smile and Spectranet subscriptions
- Bulk SMS
- Money Transfer/Wallet Funding
- Exam Pins (WAEC NECO JAMB ETC)
- Convertion of Airtime to cash
- Free Coins and Convertion to cash and much more
Follow the link below to register for free or click the WhatsApp link to learn more.
TODAY’S SECOND ADVERT
Professional Accounting Services
Our Services include:
- Company registration with CAC.
- Income Tax Preparation
- Corporate Tax Filing
- Payroll/PAYE Services
- Basic Bookkeeping
- And other accounting services
We will also register your business with Cooperate Affairs Commission (C.A.C)
- Business Name
- Incorporated Trustee
- Public Liability Company
- Private Limited by Shares
- Company Limited by Guarantee
Contact us through
FOR ADVERT PLACEMENT ON OUR WEBSITE, CALL/CHAT
HENRY @+234 706 933 3654
Amen, remain blessed Bro to the glory of God’s name, Amen
In jesus name amen🙏
Amen! Jesus I thank you for your word this morning. I pray thee that the word I heard today will keep on drawing my attention to do your very Will through Jesus Christ our Lord Amen.
Amen God bless you Fr
Amen. may God gives us grace to know him more and more and go closer to him in Jesus name amen.
Amen, thanks my padre
Amen indeed we really have to know the God we serve.thank you Pandre for the word may continue to bless you for us